Letters to a CEO
One of the Top 100 Business Thought Leaders in America gives you his very best advice and guidance.
For nearly two decades John Spence has served as a trusted advisor and coach to senior executives at top companies around the globe. They turn to him because of his wealth of experience working with clients such as Microsoft, IBM, GE, Qualcomm and Apple—to hundreds of small to medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups. Because his clients know that he has read a minimum of 120 business books a year since 1989, they will often ask him to summarize the key points of what he has learned on a specific topic into a “letter” that will help them learn a new skill or make a major business decision.
Letters to a CEO is a compilation of the actual letters that John has sent to his clients in the last few years. It covers such critical business topics such as:
- How to make good decisions
- The fundamentals of win/win negotiations
- How to hire the right people
- Ideas on what it takes to be successful in sales
- How to win in your market
- Dealing with poor performers
- Increasing accountability throughout the organization
- How to build a winning culture
- Thoughts on strategic planning
- The importance of having a mentor
And much more…
Each letter is only a few pages long but every one is packed with John’s best ideas, insights and lessons learned as the CEO of ten companies. Add the knowledge he gained in reading nearly 3,000 business books in his quest to learn as much as he possibly could on what it takes to build, grow and sustain a highly successful organization and you have Letters to a CEO. Reading this book is like having a top Fortune 500 executive coach standing by to give you great advice whenever you need it.